School and school activities will look different for a while to protect the health and safety of students, staff, and families.
- Activities requiring lots of contacts, such as athletics, band, and choir will be offered in a different way or possibly not at all.
- The Washington Interscholastic Activities Association (WIAA) has modified its sports schedule to delay certain, more high-risk sports to the spring.
- Some low-risk sports such as cross country, tennis and golf will tentatively take place as scheduled in the fall.
- Football and other higher-risk sports will occur later in a new four-season calendar.
- Sports seasons under the new WIAA calendar are as follows:
Season 1: Competition: Sept. 14-Nov. 7
Cross country, slow-pitch softball, girls swimming and diving (upon approved of state department of health), boys golf (fall season), boys tennis (fall season)
Season 2: Competition: Jan. 4-March 6
Basketball, wrestling, bowling, boys swimming/diving, gymnastics
Season 3: Competition: March 8-May 1
Football, volleyball, girls soccer
Season 4: Competition: May 3-June 26
Baseball, softball, boys soccer, track and field, golf, tennis