About G Suite
Google Workspace for Education
Google Workspace allows Yakima Schools to give Google's communication and collaboration applications to our entire education community for free. All services are hosted on the Yakima School District (YSD) domain (ysd7.org) and are available to students and staff via any computer and many mobile devices.
Google Workspace includes the following services:
- Gmail - provides gigabytes of email storage, highly effective spam filtering and powerful search.
- Calendar - allows easy coordination of work or class schedules, meetings and events online.
- Drive - allows users to create and collaborate on documents, spreadsheets, presentations, forms, and drawings in real-time as well as upload and share any file type. Allows students to maintain electronic student portfolios of work which is preserved for the entire time they are a student within our schools.
- Other tools and add-ons may be made available to students in our Google @ysd7.org domain. These tools will be reviewed and selected by the District T&L and Technology departments and educational teams and committees.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Who will receive a Google Workspace account?
- Does YSD's Google Workspace program comply with Google's stated age restrictions?
- Will I have access to my student's Google account?
- What types of safety and security measures are in place for Google Workspace?
- What happens if a student misuses their Google account?
- Am I able to opt my student out of the Google Workspace program?