OUTBOUND Yakima to Yamate Yokohama Japan
Yamate Japanese Exchange
Learn About the Trip to Japan
OUTBOUND Yakima to Japan
WHAT: The outbound portion of the exchange is an opportunity for students to pay to travel to Yamate Gakuin High School in Yokohama, Japan as the return trip to the inbound portion of the exchange that previously occurred in April with the Japanese visited Yakima.
WHO: Up to 35 students.
WHEN: from July 20-August 3, 2024.
COST: This trip requires funds from the student's family of approximately $2,400 by May 1, 2024 (currently, no scholarships are available).
QUESTIONS: If you would like more information or have questions, please get in touch with the Yakima School District at 509-573-7115 or email the coordinator.
Before a student applies to travel, they need to know the status of the funds they will use to pay for the trip as well as the status of their passport. Both are due May 1, 2024, to keep your spot. Parent approval is required before the application is filled out.
The 2024 exchange is currently only open to Yakima School District students. If a student from another district is interested in going, they must ask their district superintendent to contact the coordinator.
- What is the cost to the Yakima School District for the Yamate Japanese Exchange Program?
- Do I need to purchase travel insurance?
- Can YSD provide a letter to help expedite a passport?
- Does a student need to be vaccinated for COVID to participate in the exchange program?
- Can seniors (class of 2024) travel to Japan in July?
- Can parents go to Japan as a chaperone?
- What is needed to confirm a travel spot?
- Who will have priority for a spot to travel to Japan?