Our Mission: Whitney will prepare all students to be lifelong learners and productive community members through a commitment to high standards.
Our Vision: The Whitney school community envisions each student taking responsibility for his/her learning in a safe and caring relationship centered environment, where risk-taking is celebrated and mistakes become opportunities to grow.
Our Collective Commitments:
- ELA Commitment: We will commit to using the new reading curriculum with fidelity.
- Math Commitment: We will commit to making data based decisions on the guaranteed standards.
- PBIS Commitment: We will commit to documenting minor and major behavior in Skyward in order to respond to trends promptly.
Our Collective Beliefs:
- Positive relationships strengthen communication and learning.
- Education develops students’ ability to think critically, integrate ideas and become positive members of a community.
- Students learn best when actively engaged in the process of their own learning.
- Relevant content presented in a safe and caring environment optimizes the ability to learn.
- By May of 2025, students will increase from 28.4% passing SBA to 50% in math.
- Target: We will increase our math proficiency for ELs and students on an IEP from <10% (ELL) & <8% (Sped) to 33% by the end of the 24-25 school year.
- By May of 2025, students will increase from 45.8% (2021-22) passing SBA to 60% in ELA.
- Target: We will increase our ELA proficiency for ELs and students on an IEP from 12.9% (ELL) & 16.7% (Sped) to 33% by the end of the 24-25 school year.
- We will increase our regular attendance (students with less than 18 absences in a SY) from 68.8% to 85% in 2023-24 as measured by daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, semester attendance data.