Starting Tuesday, January 25, we will transition to in-person learning for some school buildings. Unfortunately, the remaining school buildings will stay in remote learning. These changes will remain in effect from Tuesday, January 25 to Friday, January 28, 2022. Please note that all schools will remain in remote learning through January 24 for a snow make-up day.
These changes exist as we continue our struggle with staff shortages due to illness/quarantine. The omicron COVID-19 cases in our area make in-person operations impossible. We do not have enough bus drivers, food service workers, or school nurses to support in-person learning for some school buildings.
For school buildings learning remotely, students should log in to their learning management system (Google Classroom for elementary and Canvas for secondary) at their normal start time (8:45 am for elementary students and 8:00 am for secondary students).
- If your in-person learning student must quarantine due to COVID-19, they will use the district's temporary "quarantine virtual learning” schedule.
- Grab-and-go meals for remote learners will be available for pickup at four school locations on January 26 from 11:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. Meals should be ordered online between now and 9:00 p.m. on January 25. The grab-and-go meals will include a four-day meal pack of 4 breakfasts and 4 lunches.
- Middle school athletic games, practices, and MS extracurricular activities are canceled on remote learning days.
- High school athletics and extracurricular activities will continue but spectators are not permitted at home contests on remote learning days. Games will be streamed; please check with your coach/activity supervisor for specific details.
- The end date of Semester 1 has been moved from Friday, Jan 21 to Friday, Jan 28 to support high school final exams.
- Report cards will be sent home on February 12.
- The COVID-19 testing site at 104 N 4th Ave will operate at the following hours between January 24 - 28.
- Monday, Jan. 24; 7:00 - 11:45 a.m. and 1:00 - 4:45 p.m.
- Tuesday, Jan. 25; 7:00 - 11:45 a.m. and 1:00 - 4:45 p.m.
- Wednesday, Jan. 26; 1:00 - 5:00 p.m.
- Thursday, Jan. 27; 1:00 - 5:00 p.m.
- Friday, Jan. 28; 1:00 - 5:00 p.m.
We are monitoring staff and student absences, unfilled staff positions, and other considerations as well as changing guidelines. We will continue to provide regular updates at www.ysd7.org/RemoteLearning.