Welcome to the Yakima School District! For those of you who have a child entering the school system for the first time, get ready! You will be amazed at the amount of learning that takes place! We have a great combination of talented teachers and staff to help your students become learners for life! The direct phone line to Student Enrollment Services is 509-573-7021.
Electronic Enrollment is Now Available!
We are proud to bring electronic enrollment services to the Yakima School District. You are still welcome to enroll your student in person at our enrollment office at 104 N 4th Avenue (or at their school when schools are open/in session). Go here to enroll your new or returning student. Existing families can enroll a new student electronically through their Skyward Family Access account. For a short video on how to enroll new and returning students electronically, go here.
YSD has 14 elementary schools, 5 middle schools, and 4 high schools (view school directory). High school enrollment is determined through a balanced placement process where students select their first and second choice of high school. Elementary and middle school enrollment is determined by the home address of the student. Each elementary school and each middle school has a defined neighborhood boundary. Visit our School Neighborhood Boundaries page to view a map of our school locations and boundaries. You may register new and returning students at their neighborhood school, or at the District Student and Family Center (105 N 4th Ave). The District accepts registrations throughout the year.
Non-Resident High School Applications
If your family does not live within the Yakima School District boundaries, you may apply for consideration for enrollment. Please contact the Student and Family Center if you are out-of-district (please do not contact the high schools).
The District offers dedicated periods during which you may request a school transfer for your student. The dates for these enrollment periods will be posted on this website as they come up.
Current Open Window: Elementary Boundary Changes Only (K-5) - Closes October 31, 2022
If you have moved to a new student elementary boundary, please come to the Student and Family Center at 104 N. 4h Ave to complete and submit a Transfer Request Form so your student can be placed in their neighborhood school as soon as possible.
Families and students wishing to move to online K-8 or YOL may do so at this time until further notice.High School transfers only happen at Semester. Students who requested to attend the school where the 9th-grade class size has been filled will be placed at the other high school, to remain there through 12th gradeTransfers to Davis High School are closed due to capacity. The transfer option open currently is to Yakima Online. High School transfer requests to Yakima Online are from principal to principal. Please start the process with your current building principal.
Open Doors remains open.
Enrollment for a returning student requires the following:
- Completion of an enrollment packet
- Packets are available at all schools and at the Student and Family Center
- Proof of address
- A current utility bill, if it's within a month's span. Utility bills must be a connected service to the address listed. Cellphone bills are not accepted.
Enrollment for a new student requires all of the above, plus the following:
- Documentation to establish student's age
- Acceptable documents include a religious, hospital or physician certificate showing date of birth; an entry in a family bible; an adoption record; an affidavit from a parent; a birth certificate; or previously verified school records.
- Immunization records
- 2022-2023 Immunization Requirements (English)
- 2022-2023 Immunization Requirements (Spanish)
- For immunization requirements in alternate languages, please visit the School/Childcare Vaccine Requirements page on the Washington State Department of Health website. *Please scroll down to SCHOOL REQUIREMENTS CHART*
- Starting August 1, 2020, all immunization records turned in to schools or child care centers are required by state law to be medically verified.
- Completion of an enrollment packet
School Transfer Request
For all K-12 requests for school transfers, please print, fill out, and return the form below to the Student & Family Center located at 105 N 4th Ave, Yakima, WA 98902. From June 20 to August 8, our hours of operation are 7:30 AM to 4:30 PM on Monday - Thursday and 7:30 AM to 12:00 PM on Friday. Filling out a transfer request form does not guarantee approval. You will be notified the third week in August.