Eflyer Distribution Procedures:Our district cooperates with community groups and organizations that sponsor activities of an educational/enrichment nature for students by distributing materials electronically via Peachjar. As part of our efforts to be more environmentally friendly, embrace innovative technology, and maintain fiscal responsibility, we have transitioned from paper to electronic flyer delivery. You no longer need to have your flyers printed, bundled, and delivered. You can choose which schools you would like your flyers to be distributed to.Please recognize that this is not an advertising opportunity. If you need to advertise your product, please contact the local media. However, if you have a free or low cost educational or enrichment opportunity for our families, please proceed to be considered. Yakima School District reserves the right to decline eflyer requests.To request flyer consideration, follow the steps below. Once approved, your flyer will be emailed to the families of the selected school who have provided an email address. In addition, the flyer will be posted on the school website. Paper flyers from outside organizations will no longer be distributed.
Eflyers have a better chance for approval when:
- Visit Peachjar
- Register as an Enrichment Provider (account type).
- Choose your requested delivery lists.
- Upload your flyer for approval.
- Please be sure that you have already translated your flyer to Spanish, that it is one pdf file with up to four pages, and that it does not contain links (they will not work; you are given the opportunity to link to one resource when you upload the flyer).
- Programs and events are held in or around Yakima.
- Flyers are provided in English and Spanish.
- Events are youth-related or related to youth education.
- The program is free or financial assistance or scholarships are prominently displayed and offered for students who cannot afford the services, and scholarship information is clearly explained on the eflyer.
- The sponsoring organization's name and contact information is clearly displayed on the eflyer.
- School names are included only as part of the location information for those events which are held in district schools. (eflyer information and layout should not imply that because an event is held at a school that the event is endorsed by the school or district.)
- Disclaimer (below) is displayed on eflyer (in English and Spanish).
District Right of Refusal: The district will not consider requests for distribution of printed materials through the schools from any of the following organizations: outside organizations seeking to access students or adults for fund-drive purposes; advocacy organizations promoting (or opposing) programs in the political, social, health or economic areas; or organizations that solicit, proselytize or disparage religious beliefs.Eflyer must include the following disclaimer statement:"This event/activity is NOT being sponsored by the Yakima School District and the district assumes no responsibility...for the conduct at, or safety of, the event/activity. In consideration for the privilege to distribute these materials, the school district shall be held harmless from any cause of action, claim, or petition filed in any court or administrative tribunal arising out of the distribution of these materials, including all costs, attorney's fees, and judgments or awards, claims, liabilities, damages, expenses, or right of action, directly or indirectly attributed to the activities. Permission to distribute this flyer should not be considered a recommendation of the program by the school district. This is not a school district-sponsored activity."